Mark Stewart has been teaching martial arts, combative sports and defensive tactics since 1977. In 1990 he became the youngest 5th degree black belt in the world of the Okinawan Karate Do Association (Uechi Ryu Karate).
• International Jeet Kune Do, teaching Bruce Lee’s JKD through the Ted Wong Lineage (Bruce Lee’s Protege).
• SKD Tactical Weaponry, teaching Modern FMA/Kali through the Ted Lucaylucay Lineage (Lucaylucay Kali).
• Strike Force MMA, which is based on the IJKD Engagement Continuum with facets of wrestling and jits (Striking Emphasis).
Mark also specializes in teaching Defensive Tactics for Law Enforcement and the Military, including FBI, US Navy SEAL, US Navy Demolition, Singapore ICA, Singapore Prison Spear Team and AFP.
Mark is a former competitor in Karate, American Full Contact, International Muay Thai and Savate. He was the 1982 Great Lakes Black Belt Grand Champion and has compiled an International Kickboxing Record of 15-5-1. His last fight was a victory in Los Angeles, CA under Savate rules in 1994.
Mark Stewart has studied a variety of martial arts over the years. These martial arts include the following:
- 1974-1991 – Uechi Ryu Karate: William Keith and James Thompson
- 1979-1982 – Arnis: Edgar Guevarra
- 1980-1985 – Kickboxing: Brian Lentz
- 1985-1986 – Wing Chun: Sam Chan
- 1986-1991 – Wing Chun: Randy Williams
- 1986-2001 – Martial Art: Louie Campos
- 1987-1994 – Kali and Jun Fan Gung Fu/KB : Dan Inosanto
- 1987-1996 – Kali and Jun Fan Gung Fu/KB: Ted Lucylucay
- 1991-1997 – Muay Thai: Nanfa Seharadecho and Vut Kamnark
- 1991-1997 – Savate: Francais Echinard and Nicholas Saigniac
- 1997-2010 – Jeet Kune Do: Ted Wong